Safe XP is a *FREE* software to allow users to quickly tweak various security and privacy related settings in XP. The options include Media Player settings, Services settings (error reporting, time synch, remote registry etc.), as well as and option to remove items from the Start menu, network security settings and more.
Safe XP improves your system performance and makes Windows to run faster, more secure and reliable! It is suitable for beginners and experts!
- It allows you to take control of your PC.
- Make Windows to run faster and more secure.
- Protect your privacy and strength Internet protection.
- Disable Spyware-like activities of Windows XP (also 98/ME/2000) Operating System, Media Player, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Disable unnecessary Windows services like System updates, error reporting and much more...
- Prevent Internet attacks, any RPC/DCOM related vulnerabilities and fix exploits like DSO.
- Disable script-based attacks on Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Block Windows Messenger (spam) vulnerabilities.
- Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous "HTA" (Hypertext Application) capabilities in any version of Windows.
- It does not need any DLL or another file(s). It is just a single "EXE" file: SafeXP.exe
- No installation necessary.
- Fixed I/O errors when the current media (disk, drive or directory) is not writable.
- Redesigned the behaviour of "Restrict Anonymous Guest Access" option in the TCP/IP NetBIOS section.
- Optimized and enhanced "Disable Script Debugger" option in the Internet Explorer 6 section.
- Optimized "Prevent Execution of Risky Commands" option in the Internet Explorer 6 section.
- Improved reading any data from registry without error and checking for appropriate data type.
- Made some cosmetic changes.
» version 220.127.116.11 - posted on 2004-11-19
Improved Windows XP Service Pack 2 Automatic Update issues.
EULA - End User License Agreement
SAFE XP SOFTWARE LICENSE:
1) GRANT OF LICENSE:
THEORICA SOFTWARE grants you a single, non-exclusive license to use the SAFE XP provided you agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement. Only one user is authorized to use the SAFE XP on one computer at a time (and not by more than one individual via a network).
2) OTHER RESTRICTIONS:
You acknowledge that you do not become the owner of the SAFE XP (software, programs and/or documentation). You agree not to transfer, rent,lease, sub-license, reverse engineer, modify, translate, or share the SAFE XP, diskettes, or manual with any other person or firm.
3) LIMITED WARRANTY:
While we have attempted to ensure the reliability of the SAFE XP, THEORICA SOFTWARE cannot assume any liability for damage that occurs because of usage of this program, whether or not in accordance with the instructions or specifications. It is not possible to guarantee the program's performance under all circumstances, at all times, with all hardware and software configurations, and with any user data, programs, or series of commands. THEORICA SOFTWARE warrants the diskette media and manual to be free from defects in materials or manufacture for a period of 30 days from your receipt. When you open this package or use the SAFE XP you indicate you accept this as the only warranty. You agree that regardless of the form of any claim, THEORICA SOFTWARE's liability for any damages or loss to you or anyone else shall not exceed the price paid for use of the program. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. Except for the warranty described in the above paragraph, there are no warranties expressed or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and all such warranties are expressly and specifically disclaimed.
4) NO LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES:
In no event shall THEORICA SOFTWARE or its suppliers, if any, be responsible for any special, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, business interruption, loss of information, or any other loss) arising out of the use or the inability to use this product, even if THEORICA SOFTWARE has been advised of the possibility of such damage. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.